Choosing Your Wedding Cars, Tips and Saving Money
So you have decided to get married. Congratulations and now the fun part starts. We thought we’d create a short guide on helping you choose the cars for your wedding.
The first question you need to ask yourself is do you need just a bridal car?
If yes, do you want a classic car or modern looking car?
Advantages of a modern car are that they can travel a wider area, more comfortable and better for winter weddings.
Advantages of a classic car are that they are more suitable in summer with the convertible roof and also look great in photographs with the roof down!
If no, the chances are you would require a car for your bridesmaids.
Which vehicle will depend on the number of passengers you need to seat. If 7 or under, a range of classic or modern cars would be suitable. Otherwise you would need to consider 2 vehicles or a stretch limousine.
Or some people hire just the one larger car or limousine for everyone to travel together.
Tips on booking your wedding cars
Here are some tips for you, to help with the planning process.
- Be sure to do your research before deciding on a company and its vehicles, like reading their customers reviews and where they would be coming from.
- A lot of hire companies allow you to view the vehicles before booking – some will ask for you to make an appointment to view the vehicles, although others (like ourselves) will allow you to freely come in and look around our vehicles.
- Ask all the questions you can to get the most information about the vehicles you are interested in – e.g. age, number of passengers, what is included, etc.
- With our wedding package, the cars come decorated in ribbon and bows of your colour choice – don’t be shy to ask what colours we do or don’t do, or whether you could provide your own.
- Once you have booked your cars, you should get a copy of the booking form they took. Be sure to check all details of addresses, total amount paying for the vehicle, etc.
Looking to save some money on your wedding?
- Prioritise your requirements. Spend money on the things that matter like entertainment.
- Don’t be embarrassed to ask for help. You may be surprised as to what skills your friends and family may have. Perhaps someone could make your wedding cake for you?
- Consider an out of season wedding. Many wedding suppliers including us offer an out of season or midweek discount.
- If you have re-saleable items that you no longer need after the wedding then sell them on!
- Is there anything you can borrow rather than buy? Especially if you have no use for the item after the wedding this makes a lot more sense.
- Consider up and coming suppliers or providers. There are many service providers offering incentives to generate new business when they first start. However, ensure you do your research and ensure they will be around when it comes to your wedding.
- Go bargain hunting. Browse local wedding fayres for ‘exhibition only offers’.
- Shop around and make use of the internet including Facebook offers and discount vouchers.